Key Differences Among 3-Star, 4-Star and 5-Star Hotels
The hotel industry in Pakistan is growing and improving by leaps and bounds. With technological advancements and better security situations across the country, tourists from across the world are visiting Pakistan.
To enjoy your trip to Pakistan to the fullest, you need to have a booking at a good hotel where you can relax after long tiresome days. There are several good 3-star, 4-star, and 5-star hotels in Pakistan however the majority of the people are unaware of the differences among these hotels.
According to Investopedia, 3-star hotels are generally more stylish and comfortable than one and two-star hotels. They offer a wider range of services and amenities including a fitness centre, a swimming pool, business services, an on-site best restaurant, room service, conference rooms, and valet services.
3-star hotels are more luxurious accommodation and comfortable than 2 star and 3-star hotels, owing to their high-quality facilities and services.
There are multiple staying options available in a three-star hotel. For instance, many famous three-star hotels in Pakistan have executive rooms, deluxe rooms, and suites.
One star and two-star hotels may not have 24 hours of room service. However, on the other side, a three-star hotel provides 24-hour service to the customers.
The number of facilities provided by the 3-star hotel is exceptionally higher than the services provided by the 2-star hotels. A three-star hotel, a pool, restaurant, and valet parking.
General facilities provided by the three-star hotel are:
- They operate full-time, 7 days a week in season.
- The hotel has the necessary trading licenses.
- They have public liability insurance.
- They have 24-hour lifts for buildings.
- All the bedrooms, bathrooms, and public areas, and kitchen are serviced daily.
- The hotel is backed up with Diesel Generator – DG sets.
The facilities included in the guest rooms are:
- The hotel has a minimum of 10 lettable rooms. Every room comes with outside windows and ventilation.
- The minimum size of a room is around 130 sq. ft, excluding the bathroom.
- 50% of the rooms are air-conditioned.
- There is a daily change of bed and bath linen daily.
- Minimum bed width for a single 90 cm and double 180 cm.
- The minimum bedding includes 2 sheets, a pillow & case, blanket, mattress protector/bed cover.
- Minibar / Fridge is present but the contents of the minibar should be per the law.
- A wardrobe with a minimum of 3 clothes hangers per bedding is also provided to the customers.
- TV – cable or satellite channels should also be provided.
- A writing table or surface with sufficient lighting should be given to the customer.
- A wastepaper basket in the room should be present.
- Telephones with direct dialling and intercom should be present for direct communication.
- All rooms should be with attached bathrooms and the minimum size of the bathroom in square feet is 36 SQ FT.
- The 24X7 Reception facility should be operational at the hotel.
- Heating and cooling are present in public areas.
- English speaking front office staff.
- The percentage of supervisory staff should be 30%.
- The percentage of Skilled staff should be 30%.
- Newspapers are not mandatory in rooms but can be made available in public areas like the lobby or lounge.
- Smoke Detectors are present all over the property.
- Fire and Emergency Procedure notices and exit plans are displayed in the room behind the door.
- First aid kit with over the counter medicines with the front desk.
A 4-star hotel provides deluxe services and experiences for valuable customers. It comes with a larger scale of facilities and design. The hotels are usually located at prime locations and are well equipped with dining areas, exclusive facilities such as in-house gyms, and swimming pools.
A four-star hotel must have the following characteristics:
- The hotel should have a well-designated reception area.
- It should have more than 5 bedrooms available for rent. All these rooms should have en suite bathrooms.
- The hotel should have a dining area or a restaurant serving breakfast and dinner throughout the week.
- The hotel must have a liquor license and an area where beverages can be served.
- Room service must be available 24/7.
- The room menu should be available and it should include cooked breakfast and full dinner during restaurant opening hours.
- Phone service and wifi should be available.
- All the rooms should have premium furnishing and top-notch bedding and fine bath products.
- At Least one restaurant is present at the hotel which serves all meals.
- Cutlery to be at least stainless steel or preferably EPNS (Electro Plated Nickel Silver).
- Good quality metal cutlery to be used and aluminium cutlery is usually prohibited.
- Staff uniforms for the front of the house.
- Some of the other services included in a 4-star hotel include concierge services, fine dining, multiple pools, and hot tubs, high-class fitness centres, bellhops, room service, valet parking, day spas, and limousine services.
This is the highest level a hotel can achieve. A 5-star hotel is an epitome of class, luxury, and elegance. In a 5 star hotel, you do not have to do anything because there are people ready to serve you and make your stay worth your money.
Some of the major characteristics and services included in a 5-star hotel include:
- Some 5-star hotels even give you a personal butler or designated concierge.
- The dining and entertainment services provided by the 5-star hotel are also out of this world. They offer gourmet restaurants, on-site entertainment, state-of-the-art fitness centres, multiple heated pools, hot tubs, valet parking, spa services, tennis courts, and golf course access.
- The rooms of a five-star hotel come with top-notch services and products including premium linens, a personal Jacuzzi tub, a large-screen Plasma TV with high-definition cable, a DVD player, high-speed Internet access, fresh flowers, lavish bath products, and a speedy, around-the-clock room.
- These best hotels also have all the necessary management facilities including rainwater harvesting, waste management, pollution control methods for air, water and light and solar power panels.
- Fire and Emergency Procedure notices and exit plan displayed in the room behind the door. Fire and emergency alarms should have visual & audible signals. First aid kit with over the counter medicines with the front desk.
- In a 5 star hotel, there is a minimum of 10 lettable rooms, all rooms with outside windows. The minimum size of the bedroom excluding the bathroom is 200 sq. ft.
- 5 Star hotels shall provide water sprays or bidets or washlets or other modern water-based post-toilet-paper hygiene facilities.
- Floors and walls have non-porous surfaces.
- Hot and cold running water available 24 hours.
So, these are some of the major differences among 3 star, 4 star and 5-star hotels. Go through the article and let yourself get familiar with the differences so that you can pick the hotel best suited with your personal preferences.
Did not find the difference you were looking for? Let us know in the comments below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
- List of Famous Dams in Pakistan
- Top Visa Free Countries for Pakistan in 2020
- Investment in Gold vs Bank vs Real Estate – What’s the best option?