Home is where love resides, memories are created, friends always belong, and laughter never ends.
This quote perfectly sums up the beauty and utmost importance of a home. It is not only a place where you live, but it is also a sanctuary where you retire after a long tiresome day. Apart from being nice and cozy, a house has to be safe and secure.
In this fast-paced world, home automation is becoming crucial. It keeps your home safe from the unwanted presence, burglary, and theft. Also, it not only gives you a sense of security but it also gives you peace of mind because you become aware of what is happening at your home when you are not around. If you are someone who wants to live peacefully in a well-protected house, consider installing a home automation system today. Get to know ways to protect your House from a break-in.
If you are new to home automation and want to know all the ins and outs of home automation systems, keep on reading.
- What is Home Automation?
- Why should You Consider Home Automation in Pakistan?
- How to Make Your Home ‘Smart’?
- Integrating Devices in Your Smart Home
- Benefits of Home Automation in Pakistan
- Things you need to know before getting a home automation system
What is Home Automation?
Home automation is a step toward what is referred to as the IoT or “Internet of Things”, in which everything has an assigned IP address, and can be monitored and accessed remotely. With a home automation system, you can control a wide variety of gadgets and appliances from anywhere in the world.
Smart homes in Pakistan are also gaining popularity by leaps and bounds. People are installing home automation systems because of their immense benefits. In an automated home, every appliance/gadget such as thermostats, lights, cameras is linked with a controllable network.
Additionally, home automation also makes your home safer and smarter. You can control and manage alarm systems, doors, windows, locks, smart smoke detectors, surveillance cameras and more.
Why should You Consider Home Automation in Pakistan?
Home automation in Pakistan is today’s need. To ensure the protection of your house and family, it is advised to secure your home from any intrusions and unwanted presence.
Home automation system not only secures your home but it also allows you to have control over your residence. You can easily automate your lights, appliances, thermostats, windows, and doors with a digital device such as your smartphone. Most importantly, with the help of home automation, you will able to have peace of mind in your life even when you’re away from home.
How to Make Your Home ‘Smart’?
- Select the area where you want to bring automation. It could be a room or an entire house.
- Decide a budget for your home automation system. Home automation can start from Rs. 15000 and go up to Rs. 500,000 depending on your preferences.
- You can either purchase your appliances or you can hire any home automation service providing company to do all the installation for you.
- If you want to go another step and make everything voice-enabled, you‘ll need to purchase a virtual assistant. Below are a few common virtual assistants you can use for home automation:- Amazon Echo- NestLearning Thermostat 3rd Generation
- Amazon Echo
- NestLearning Thermostat 3rd Generation
- Kasa Smart WiFi Plug by TP-Link
- You may also need a computing platform such as Arduino to design your hardware and software. This is one of the most useful smart devices in Pakistan. Arduino is an open-source prototyping platform used for building electronics projects. It consists of both physical programmable circuit board and software or IDE (Integrated Development Environment) that runs on your computer, where you can write and upload the computer code to the physical board. You can design things that can help you in saving your electricity bills.
There are many advantages and disadvantages of home automation using Arduino. On one side, it is very convenient but on the other side, it can be difficult to understand because you will be needing technical expertise to run it. Get to know plot vs plot file.
Integrating Devices in Your Smart Home
Here is a list of smart devices that you can use to make your life easier and more convenient.
- Smart lighting control systems.
- Security cameras.
- Smoke detectors.
- Cleaning supplies.
- Face recognition in home automation.
Benefits of Home Automation in Pakistan
In a nutshell, there are many potential advantages of home automation. If you are planning on installing a home automation system in your house, consider these pointers:
- Security: If you travel a lot and you do not want to leave your home unattended, home automation will ease things for you. You will be able to monitor your home from anywhere in the world. Also, it will give you a sense of surety and satisfaction. For instance, you will know for sure that you turned off the thermostat or you closed your door before leaving the house.
- Convenience: It is all about convenience. Just one tap and you have control over your whole house. Isn’t it amazing? Also, thanks to advancements in technology, you can link your smartphone with the home automation system. This connection will make things easier for you.
- Saves time: With home automation, you can save your energy and fuel on unnecessary trips back home, just to check whether you locked the door or not.
- Cost-effective: Yes! Home automation saves you big bucks. For instance, you can adjust your thermostat and lights to reduce utility costs.
So, it is safe to say that there are various benefits of home automation. Give a read to these smart home automation ideas and incorporate them into your house to get a safe and secure home. To ensure safety and security at all times, home automation is definitely useful. The future of home automation technology is definitely bright in Pakistan because it is becoming more accessible across the masses. You can even design automated car locks for your vehicle protection. If you own a car get your driving license. Get to know cost of constructing a basement.
Things You Need to Know Before Getting a Home Automation System
- First of all, know your needs and wants. Do not try to put every appliance in your house under the home automation system. Have around in your house and see what things you can automate. For example, there is no use in installing a home automation system in your TV and heating system, if you do not use the appliances more often. It will be a waste of time, money, and energy.
- Try to ponder on your daily activities before installing a home automation system. For example, if you are someone who turns on the radio the second they leave the bed, automation will be good. However, if you are someone who is not into morning news, you might want to skip an automatic radio.
- Work on a realistic budget and try to remain within your budget. Home automation systems can be very expensive as well so try to stick to the features and devices you need and use the most. For instance, a home automation system specifically designed for your home security would be a great option.
- Before getting the automation system, make sure the devices that you are using and the technology you are incorporating in the automation system are aligned. Sometimes it happens that certain brands and devices do not support certain software and IT systems. So, before making this mistake, we suggest you sit and talk to the person who is installing the system in the house. For an automation system to work properly, you need to have synced systems.
- Know the automation system charges. Sometimes some automation systems require one-time payment whereas some systems may ask you for a monthly fee. Make sure you choose the plan accordingly.
- Privacy is crucial. Make sure you have the privacy policies associated with the home automation systems.
Get to know plot size conversion 1 marla to square feet
If you have any queries regarding home automation in Pakistan, leave a comment in the comment section below. We would be more than glad to help you. For apartment decoration read small apartment design ideas. Get to know vehicle registration and online verification system.
- Commercial vs Residential – Where you should Invest in 2020?
- List of Banks Providing Home Loans in Pakistan
- House For Rent In Islamabad- Find Your Dream House In Islamabad
- Pros and Cons of Constructing a Basement in Pakistan