Good hospitals with the latest medical technology and workable equipment are crucial for every society. Karachi has a well-developed infrastructure, best schools, advanced education, and a salubrious climate remain as the presiding features, many tourist spots, various farmhouses, best places to eat, and luckily, Karachi, the provincial capital of Sindh that has some of the best hospitals in Pakistan.
If you want to know more about these hospitals, keep on reading.
Hospitals in Karachi
|Hospitals in Karachi||Contact||Location|
|1. Jinnah Hospital Karachi||021 99201300||JPMC Hospital Rd, Karachi Cantonment, Karachi|
|2. Abbassi Shaheed Hospital||021 9260400||Jhormor Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, Block 3 Nazimabad, Karachi|
|3. Aga Khan University Hospital||021 111 911 911||National Stadium Rd, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi|
|4. Dr. Ziauddin Hospital||021 36648237||Block-B North Nazimabad Town, Karachi|
|5. Dr. Ruth K.M. Pfau, Civil Hospital Karachi||021 99215740||Mission Rd, near Civil Hospital Masjid، New Labour Colony Nanakwara, Karachi|
|6. A.O. Hospital||021 36685560||4-F-15/6, Dr. M.A, Sir Shah Muhammad Suleman Rd, Nazimabad No. 4 Block, Karachi|
|7. Burhani Hospital||021 32212572||Faiz Muhammad Fateh Ali Rd, New Chali, Karachi|
1. Jinnah Hospital Karachi
The first hospital on our list is Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC). It is considered to be one of the best hospitals in Karachi The hospital started its operations in 1930. Originally, it started as a military hospital but later started operating as a public hospital. In 1952, Dow Medical College was attached to the Jinnah Central Hospital.
Today, Jinnah Hospital Karachi is one of the largest hospitals in Pakistan. Some of the major departments in the hospital are:
- Department of Accident & Emergency
- Department of Medicine & Clinical Toxicology
- Department of Medicine & Endocrinology, Diabetes, and Metabolism & Rheumatology
- Department of Medicine & Hepatology and Gastroenterology
- Department of Medicine & Critical Care
- Department of Pulmonology
- Department of Clinical Oncology
- Department of Dermatology
- Department of Psychiatry & Behavioural Sciences
- Department of Nephrology
- Department of Neurology
Contact: 021 99201300
Website: Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre
Location: JPMC Hospital Rd, Karachi Cantonment, Karachi
2. Abbassi Shaheed Hospital
The next hospital on our list is Abbassi Shaheed Hospital. Located at the heart of Karachi, Abbassi Shaheed is the third-largest public hospital in Karachi. Equipped with the latest technology and highly trained staff, Abbasi Shaheed Hospital became the teaching hospital of Karachi Medical and Dental College.
Some of the features that make Abbasi Shaheed hospital stand out from the crowd are:
- It is a hospital of 850 beds and a total of 18 operation theatres for various departments including Eye, Orthopedics, gynecology and Trauma center, etc.
- It has more than 12 departments including Neurosurgery, Cardiology, Urology, and Radiology.
- A 24/7 emergency and casualty service along with a 24/7 medico-legal department.
- Latest test facilities including X-Ray and CT Scans.
- Specialized units and the emergency department.
- The hospital also has a training center for the laboratory technician, X-ray technician, OT nursing, and midwifery.
Contact: 021 99260400
Website: Abbassi Shaheed Hospital
Location: Jhormor Abbasi Shaheed Hospital, Block 3 Nazimabad, Karachi
3. Aga Khan University Hospital
The next hospital in our list is Aga Khan University Hospital which is considered to be one of the best healthcare centers in Pakistan. The hospital was established in 1985 as a teaching hospital for the Aga Khan University’s (AKU) Faculty of Health Sciences. Founded by Aga Khan, the hospital is providing secondary and tertiary care to the masses of Karachi and its adjacent areas.
Some of the features of AKUH include:
- A 560 beds hospital with all the latest facilities.
- In-patients have the region’s lowest average length of stay of 4.0 days
- The hospital is equipped to diagnose and treat medical (including cardiac), surgical, obstetric and gynecology, pediatrics, and psychiatry patients.
- The Hospital has 17 main operating theaters. Also, there are 4 operating theaters in Surgical Day Care and 2 in Obs/Gyn
- Day Care Surgeries are performed at AKUH.
- Pharmacy, Radiology (including nuclear medicine), Laboratory, Cardiopulmonary, Neurophysiology, and Physiological Measurement services are available at AKUH.
- AKUH Laboratory operates 47 phlebotomy or specimen collection centers in Karachi and all major cities of Pakistan.
Contact: 021 111 911 911
Website: Aga Khan University Hospital
Location: National Stadium Rd, Aga Khan University Hospital, Karachi
4. Dr. Ziauddin Hospital
Dr. Ziauddin hospital operates under the umbrella of Ziauddin Trust. It is also one of the largest private groups in the country. The primary objective of the hospital is to cater to the needs of people by providing them with top-notch medical facilities at an affordable cost.
The hospital started as a maternity home and today it has five hospitals including 3 tertiary-care facilities.
The five hospitals under the trust are:
- Dr. Ziauddin Hospital, North Nazimabad Campus
- Dr. Ziauddin Hospital, Clifton Campus
- Dr. Ziauddin Cancer Hospital
- Dr. Ziauddin Hospital KDLB, Keamari Campus
- Dr. Ziauddin Memorial hospital
Interestingly, a branch is also operating in Dubai as Zia Medical Center.
Some of the services provided by the hospital include:
- Medicine And Allied
- Clinical Laboratories
- Gynaecology And Obstetrics
- Nuclear Medicine
- Critical Care
- Health, Wellness, And Lifestyle Clinic
- Oncology (Cancer Facility)
- Speech-Language Therapy
- Infection Control Unit
- Outpatient Clinics
- Surgery And Allied
- Vaccination Center
- Home Services
- Interventional Radiology
- Kidney Transplant
Contact: 021 36648237
Website: Dr. Ziauddin hospital
Location: Block-B North Nazimabad Town, Karachi
5. Dr. Ruth K.M. Pfau, Civil Hospital Karachi
Dr. Ruth K.M. Pfau, Civil Hospital Karachi is one of the oldest hospitals in Pakistan. It was founded in 1898. After the creation of Pakistan in 1947, both the medical college and its teaching hospital came under the jurisdiction of the provincial government of Sindh.
During the initial years, the hospital operated as a 250-bed hospital to provide basic healthcare facilities to the masses.
With time, the facilities of the hospital improved and today it has over 1900 beds located in 34 departments, with over a dozen major operation theaters and a huge out patient’s attendance. The hospital is known across the city due to its top-notch medical facilities and highly qualified staff.
An average of two million out-patients report to the Hospital annually; 95% of which are non-affording patients entailing a huge cost on medicines, laboratory facilities, and other logistics.
Currently, the hospital has the following departments:
- Burns Centre
- Cardiac Surgery
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
The hospital also provides the following facilities to its patients:
- Coronary Care Unit
- Clinical Laboratory
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Intensive Care Units
- Rehabilitation Center
- Thalassemia Center
Contact: 021 99215740
Location: Mission Rd, near Civil Hospital Masjid، New Labour Colony Nanakwara, Karachi
6. A.O Hospital
A.O Hospital was founded in 1985 by a famous surgeon, Dr. S.M.A. Shah, FRCS, FRCS (Ed.). Initially, the hospital started with 45 beds and 26 staff members. Then, the hospital expanded and now it has 110 beds. The hospital specializes in sports surgery, spine surgery, and orthopedic tumor surgery. It is one of the most famous private hospitals in Karachi.
Some of the services offered by the hospital include:
- Blood Bank
- Physiotherapy And Rehabilitation
- Outpatient Clinics
- 24 Hours Emergency
- Central Sterile Services Department
- Operation Theatre
Contact: 021 36685560
Website: A.O Hospital
Location: 4-F-15/6, Dr. M.A, Sir Shah Muhammad Suleman Rd, Nazimabad No. 4 Block 4 Nazimabad, Karachi
7. Burhani Hospital
Burhani Hospital was established in 1913. It started as a dispensary for the treatment of influenza. Soon, the dispensary was upgraded to a maternity home. In 1978, it got converted into a full-fledged hospital.
The hospital is especially famous among the people for Maternity, Paeds, and Orthopedics services. Based on high-quality medical services and transparent management records, Burhani Hospital was awarded Not for Profit Organization status in 2007 by the Pakistan Centre of Philanthropy.
Some of the major features of the hospital include:
- The hospital comprises 91 indoor beds and provides services to around 6000 in-patients and around 80,000 out-patients around the year.
- The Hospital houses 4 state of art Operation Rooms, which are available round the clock and are capable of all types of surgeries.
- The hospital has an 8 bed ultra-modern Intensive Care Unit, fully equipped with Ventilators, Central Monitoring Station and Individual Multi-parameter monitors, and other critical care equipment.
- The Hospital also has 6 advanced incubators based on the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with all supportive elements including ventilators and ABG Analyzer.
- It has Radiology Departments and Laboratory which is equipped with the latest machines to undertake various pathological and radiological tests in most sterilized environments.
- Whole Body Color Doppler and Esaote Biomedical Color Doppler Scanner with phased array and high-frequency probes cater for all needs in the Ultrasound Department.
- The hospital has its power generation capacity of more than 1 Megawatts with a diesel reserve tank of 6000 liters sufficient for 10 days fuel requirements.
- The whole hospital is supplied with pure sterilized water through 20 thousand Gallons per Day by Imported Reverse Osmosis Plant.
- The hospital has a Pharmacy on the premises which operates on a round-the-clock-basis.
- The hospital has 24 Hours ambulance service available for the patients requiring immediate care.
Contact: 021 32212572
Website: Burhani Hospital
Location: Faiz Muhammad Fateh Ali Rd, New Chali, Karachi
These are some of the most renowned and well-established hospitals in Karachi. If you have any queries regarding any hospital, let us know in the comment section below. We will be more than glad to help you.
- Top Construction Companies in Pakistan
- Best Gyms In Islamabad
- Online Vehicle Verification & Registration – Islamabad, Lahore & Karachi