LAHORE: The Lahore Development Authority (LDA) has approved and notified revised LDA Building and Zoning Regulations of 2019 (amended), which promote the construction of high-rises in residential areas.
Major Clauses of Building and Zoning Regulations 2019 (Amended)
- The apartment building will be allowed in the designated sites of approved private and public sector schemes and other residential areas.
- Earlier, the height of a residential building having area less than 1 kanal could be taken to 36 feet, which has been revised to 48 feet now. The owner is allowed to construct a shop (400 ft) at the ground floor.
- Similarly, the height of a residential building having area of 1 or less than 2 kanals could be taken to 60 feet, which has been revised to 90 feet now (ground plus six floors) and with two shops.
- For a plot with area of to 2 or less than 4 kanals, the height limit is allowed up to 120 feet (ground plus nine floors).
- For a plot with area of 4 or less than 8 kanals, the height limit is allowed up to 200 feet (ground plus 14 floors and service floors).
- For a plot with area of 8 or less than 12 kanals, the height limit is allowed up to 300 feet.
- Over 300 feet high buildings can be built at the plots with area at equal to or more than 12 kanals, with a prior permission from the Civil Aviation Authority.
- The constructions are allowed on the roads measuring 30 feet to 80 feet wide.
“The parking in the setback areas and mandatory spaces will not be allowed and will be used for pedestrian walkways or green spaces. However, in case of addition, alteration or revised plan if the parking already approved in the plan will remain intact. The apartment building in an approved private housing scheme shall be constructed at designated site. However, if someone intends to raise apartments on residential plots of approved private housing scheme, the criteria /procedure mentioned at clause 11.2(3) will be observed. (3) For Apartment Buildings in Medium Rise-I & Medium Rise-II categories under Clause 2.5, height up to 90 feet and 160 feet respectively may be allowed on a 30 feet road, subject to provision of 5 feet setback by each owner of the plot abutting 30 feet road,” read the regulations.