Eid ul Adha is just around the corner. It is the time when Muslims show gratitude towards Allah. Every year, Eid ul Adha is celebrated with full zeal and enthusiasm by Muslims across the globe.
This year, Eid ul Adha will be different for all Muslims around the globe. With the ongoing pandemic, it is very difficult and dangerous to perform sacrifices this Eid ul Adha.
However, thanks to the internet and technology, Muslims are now able to perform this religious obligation with the help of online platforms. Unlike traditional Qurbani methods, online Qurbani is very convenient, manageable, and easy.
What is Qurbani:
Qurbani means sacrifice in English. It is a tradition practiced by Muslims around the world every year. In this tradition, Muslims around the globe gather and sacrifice different animals in recognition of the Prophet Ibrahim’s own willingness to sacrifice his son for the will of Allah (SWT).
Following is the list of obligations every Muslim needs to follow.
- Qurbani is a religious obligation commanded to perform by Allah (SWT).
- Every Muslim must follow the Qurbani meat distribution rules and regulations. Qurbani must be given on the 10th, 11th, and 12th days of Dhul-Hijjah.
- Sacrifices can only be made after the Eid prayer. Otherwise, it will not be counted.
- Any able Muslim should give Qurbani, especially those who have reached puberty and hold wealth above the threshold of 52.5 tolas of silver.
- Animals for sacrifice must meet minimum age and health requirements
- Qurbani sacrifices must be given in three shares – one for you, family or friends, and an impoverished family.
Following are the people who cannot perform Qurbani:
- Those who do not possess 52.5 tolas of silver, or the wealth equivalent
- Those not of sound mind
- Those who have not yet reached and passed puberty
- Those who are traveling and are more than the Shari distance from home (approximately 40-45 kilometers)
Which Animals Can Be Sacrificed?
Every animal cannot be sacrificed. The animals that meet the following criteria can be subjected to sacrifice.
- Sheep and goats at least one year in age (enough for one person’s Qurbani)
- Cows or buffalo at least two years in age (sufficient for seven people’s Qurbani)
- Camels of at least five years in age (enough for seven people’s Qurbani)
- Also, all animals must be healthy and free of disease.
- They must not be blind, one-eyed or have lost a third (or more) of their sight.
- They cannot be missing a third (or more) of their ear or tail, either through loss or since birth.
- Their horn(s) cannot be broken off from their root
- They must not have a lame leg that is sufficiently weak that they are unable to walk on it
- They cannot be excessively thin or lean
- They must be able to walk themselves to the site of the slaughter
- They cannot be toothless or missing over half their teeth
- There is no preference between male or female Qurbani animals. Male Qurbani animals should be castrated, but this is not compulsory.
How Should Qurbani Animals Be Sacrificed?
To fulfill the rules of the Qurbani festival, slaughterers and slaughter-houses should abide by the following regulations:
- The animal should be slaughtered with a sharp knife to avoid causing undue suffering.
- The knife should not be sharpened in front of the animal
- No animal should be slaughtered in the presence of another
- It is best to sacrifice the animal yourself, but you should remain present whilst someone else offers the creature if you do not know-how. It is also necessary to say “Bismillahi Allahu Akbar” when slaughtering the animal. Slaughtered animals are not to be skinned until completely cold.
Like other countries, Pakistan also has a number of online platforms that will perform the Qurbani for you.
List of Online Qurbani Websites in Pakistan
Here is a list of online sites that you can opt for this eid ul Adha.
- Edhi foundation
- Bakra Online. pk
- Qurbani Online
- Metro Online
- Online Qurabani.pk
- Qurbani Market
1. Edhi Foundation
Who is not aware of the Edhi foundation?
It is one of the most famous nonprofit organizations in Pakistan. Apart from performing several social activities for the welfare of society, The Edhi Foundation is providing online Qurbani services.
The rates of the Qurbani are:
|Country||Goat / Sheep||Share in Cow (one part)||Full Cow|
|Pakistan (PKR)||PKR 14000||PKR 9000||PKR 63,000|
|Gulf (AED)||AED 500||AED 300||AED 2,100|
|UK (GBP)||GBP 100||GBP 80||GBP 560|
|USA (US$)||US$ 200||US$ 100||US$ 700|
The bank details are given on their website. Simply visit the site, select the animal you want to sacrifice, make online payments and the foundation will donate in your name. You can donate your share to the Edhi foundation as well.
Website: Edhi Foundation
2. Bakra Online.pk
Bakra online is an amazing initiative bringing the traditional bakra mandis to an online platform. You can buy bakra, dumba, goat, cow, bull, and Camel from the site at an affordable rate.
If you are an overseas Pakistani who wants to make sacrifices in Pakistan, do not worry. Bakra Online provides Qurbani services to Pakistanis living in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, Europe, India, Japan, China, France, Italy, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Belgium, Hong Kong, etc.
Overseas Pakistani can simply book their animal through the site and the staff will deliver the desired animal to the provided address in Pakistan. Once you paid, we can deliver to your address directly,1500 Rs. Delivery charges are applicable.
If you want to avail services of a butcher, then head to the website because they are also providing butcher services. Currently, animals are delivered in Islamabad and Rawalpindi only.
You can make online payments through Western Union, MoneyGram, Paypal, direct bank transfers, Easypaisa, and JazzCash.
Camel: Rs.21000 for whole camel and Rs.30,000 per share.
Cow: Rs. 112000 for the whole cow and Rs.16000 per share.
Bakra: Rs. 38000 for a whole medium size Bakra.
Website: Bakra Online.pk
Another great website, perfect for online Qurbani services is QurbaniPro. It is an initiative started by HMP. Hilal Meat Processing (Pvt.) Limited (HMP) is the only state of the art slaughterhouse in the private sector in the vicinity of twin cities.
It is a HACCP and Halal Certified export-based meat processing unit approved by the Govt. of Pakistan.
Now, they are also providing online Qurbani services to the residents of twin cities. If you want a convenient and safe qurabi this year, do consider this option.
QurbaniPro offers the sale of live animals at a fixed rate per kg depending on the kind of animal you choose (goat/cow). They also provide slaughtering and processing of Qurbani animals at their slaughterhouse. You can collect the meat from your nearest outlet located in various areas of Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
|Bull/Cow Share||12-14 kg||Rs.15,000/-|
|Whole Bull/Cow||100 kg||Rs.100,000/-|
4. Qurbani Online
The next online platform that is providing animal and butchering services is Qurabi Online. Qurani Online is known among the masses due to their exceptional services.
They are the first to sell livestock for Qurbani in the world and the first to implement a Weight Scale standard for selling live animals in Pakistan. Apart from providing good quality animals, they also provide butchery services at an affordable rate.
Qurbani Online performs Qurbani on all three days of Eid Ul Azha and you can also recommend a time of your preference to perform Qurbani and Qurbani Online Team will make sure to carry out Qurbani on the specified time.
Website: Qurbani Online
Everyone is familiar with Meatone and the delicious chicken treats they are offering to the masses. Interestingly, the company has also started its own online Qurbani service. Meat One Qurbani Service is a one-stop Qurbani solution that takes care of the whole process of Qurbani in a complete Shariah Compliant way on your behalf and lets you enjoy your Eid to the fullest.
From healthy animal selection to a prompt meat delivery at your doorstep, Meat One Qurbani Service will cover all the layers for you. Not only this, but the service also ensures that you get expert meat cuts prepared in a fully hygienic environment after Qurbani. What else do you need? Opt for this service and save your time and energy during this pandemic.
Payment for the services can be made through COD, Direct Bank Transfer, Credit/Debit Card, Jazz Cash, and Advance Cash Collection for Meat.
|Day||Cow Share (Rs.)||Cow (Rs.)||Mutton (Rs.)|
*Qurbani will be done by third day as per shariah rule
Eidqurbani.com.pk is a project initiated by Al-Shirkat Cattle and Dairy Farm operating in Karachi, Pakistan. The firm is one of the emerging organizations dealing in livestock and fresh dairy milk and has a covered area of 4-acre land on the main Super Highway.
The organization was established in 2005 and since has continually expanded its service to reach customers far and wide while maintaining the highest standard of quality. Currently, they are also offering online Qurbani services to their customers.
The services provided by the online platform include:
Qurbani Cattle picture along with necessary detail i.e. color, description, age, weight, and price.
- Online purchasing facility for your convenience once the payment deposit in a bank.
- Free delivery of ordered cattle at home.
- For overseas Pakistanis, they offer animal sacrifice on their behalf.
- If you want to make an online Qurbani donation in Pakistan, you can definitely consider this site. After the qurbani the meat is distributed to needy families who are unable to afford Qurbani and/or meat.
- If you wish to distribute meat by yourself, they will also deliver meat at your specified address after sacrifice (service only available for overseas Pakistanis).
7. Metro Online
With the rise of the COVID-19 pandemic, traditional Qurbani cannot be performed as it requires a lot of human interaction. In this regard, metro cash and carry have started their online Qurbani services to ensure the safety and security of their customers.
The whole process will be conducted by the trained staff of the metro online. If you want to avoid crowded BakraMandi’s, hot weather, and chances of COVID Infection, you should consider this option.
The selection of animals and the process of sacrificing will be as per the Sharia Law. Cutting of meat, cleanliness, and hygiene will be done according to the standards defined by METRO and in compliance with government regulation of COVID-19 SOPs. For the cow portion, the meat will be equally divided. Goat meat will also include liver, heart, kidney & hoof.
Metro online is offering payment through Jazz Cash, Credit/Debit Cards, EasyPaisa, and Direct Bank Transfer to METRO.
Delivery time slots are on a first come first serve basis, and there are limited slots available. Currently, the services are being offered to Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, and Faisalabad. Qurbani order taking will be closed three to five days before Eid. so, make sure you book your order on time. Also, the delivery Charges on Meat is Rs.500 for all areas.
Website: Metro Online
OnlineQurbani.pk is another online Qurbani service located in Karachi. The primary objective of this online facility is to provide its esteemed customers with the facility of online Qurbani from the comfort of their house.
Many people preferred doing Qurbani online during the pandemic because it is very safe, convenient, and accessible. Some of the products offered by this online portal include:
Cow shares: cows are one of the most common Qurbani animals in Pakistan. A cow comes with seven claims which means seven people can do the Qurbani.
Goat share: Goat is another common type of Qurbani animal. OnlineQurbani will make sure the animal is healthy and up to your standards.
Sheep share: sheep is also one of the Qurbani animals.
OnlineQurbani will ensure that all the animals are healthy and grass-fed. They will also make sure that all the animals will be medically checked and match all the criteria of a Qurbani animal.
Another exciting feature of OnlineQurbani.pk is their online mandi, from where you can sell or purchase animals for sacrifice in Pakistan. The website is currently operating in Karachi only. However, if you live in another city or country and want to contribute, OnlineQurbani.pk performs Qurbani for you and donate it to the needy ones.
9. Qurbani Market:
At Qurbani Market, you can purchase a vast variety of Bakra, Dumba, Goat, Cow, Camel for sacrifice at Eid ul Azha. This online marketplace is known among the masses for its high-quality animals, seamless Qurbani process, and distribution channel.
You can get good quality animals for Qurabi regardless of your location because Qurabani Market provides services to Muslims all across the major countries, including Pakistan, the UK, USA, and Canada, for the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha.
Qurbani Market also provides online Qasai in Lahore. So, if you are looking for a reliable butcher this Eid, we suggest you avail the service of Qurbani Market.
Website: Qurbani Market
These are some of the sites that are providing good quality online Qurbani services. If you want to stay safe, give qurbani online by utilizing these amazing sites.
On these Eid holidays, let’s keep our loved ones and ourselves safe from the COVID-19 this year. Let’s not let the virus stop us from fulfilling our religious obligations with full zeal. Get to know online vehicle registration
We wish you a very warm and secure Eid ul Adha.
You can buy online qurbani animals in Pakistan.
- Investing in Real Estate vs Mutual Funds – Which one is a better option?
- Business Ideas in Pakistan with Small Investment
- How Real Estate is driving 50+ Allied Industries