Islamabad: The Central Development Working Party (CDWP) of the Planning Commission approved 13 development projects worth Rs142.5 billion, which include five renewable energy projects in Punjab. The project of Karachi urban mobility was referred to ECNEC for review.
The Punjab government had submitted seven projects related to renewable energy, of which five were approved while two were referred to ECNEC for further discussion and disposal.
The projects include:
Project Budget (PKR)
- Construction of Deg-Out fall hydel power station 564bn
- Pakpattan hydel power station at Pakpattan canal 81bn
- Okara hydel power station 49bn
- Capacity building of energy department 55m
- Feasibility studies for additional five hydel power stations 46m
Projects referred to ECNEC include:
- Chianwali hydel power station project in Gujranwala canal 642bn
- Marala hydel power station in Sialkot 621bn
Projects in Education Sector
- Reconstruction of fully-damaged school in Bara under the Chinese assistance worth Rs23.23 billion.
Projects under SDG
- Punjab Sustainable Development Goals project worth Rs400 million.
Projects in Transport and Communications
- Construction of Peshawar-Torkham Morotway project worth Rs36.705 billion, which is a part of Khyber-Pass Economic Corridor.
Projects in Science and Technology
- Higher education development in Pakistan project worth Rs11.567 billion was referred to ECNEC for further approval.